Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas Eve

In my house, when I was growing up, we always ate boiled eggs for tea on Christmas Eve. Always. Without fail. And bacon sandwiches on Chrisas morning too, but that's a separate story.
I don't know why. Most likely none of us do.
Since leaving home, we've been trying to establish our own traditions - needless to say, we're not really there yet.

Its pretty important for the Christmas Eve meal to be quick and easy to prepare - there are always far too many other things to do, I think it shouldn't be TOO extreme - after all, the following day, you have to eat enough to sink a small battleship, and it should definitely involve bubbles - I'm pretty sure that's a given.

Not sure we hit it off exactly tonight, but it was good all the same. And the wrapping is all done.

So - lobster and chips. And aioli. All washed down with a 2002 Pol Roger rose.






Now our stockings are hung and we'd better go to sleep.
Don't want to anger Father Christmas...




Merry Christmas, everyone!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment